Several close relations with academic partners, on regional and international level, are established. In this framework, joint scientific events are organized as opportunities for graduate students of the respective institutions to meet and to interact. Some shared experiences in mutual retreats and other scientific events are documented here.
- The Biotechnology Institute Thurgau (BITg) in Switzerland, with its unique infrastructure cooperates with the Konstanz Research School Chemical Biology. The BITg, founded in 1999 as a research institute associated with the University of Konstanz, performs immunological research and develops biotechnological approaches in the field of immunology to a state that can be marketed.
- A partnership with the Zurich PhD Program in Molecular Life Sciences (University of Zurich and ETH Zurich, Switzerland) is established on common research and training interests. This partnership promotes and supports an exchange programme that allows graduate students and research staff to participate in training and research programmes at the partner institution.
Further KoRS-CB cooperates with the following institutions worldwide:
- the Chemical Biology PhD Program at Harvard University, USA
- the School of Biological Sciences at the Nanyang Technological University, Singapore
- the Indian Institute of Technology Kanpur, India
- the Graduate School in Biomedicine and Biotechnology at the University of Tartu, Estonia
- the Department of Chemical Biology (College of Chemistry) at Nankai University, China
Joint PhD Programme with NTU Singapore
A Joint PhD Programme between the Konstanz Research School Chemical Biology and the School of Biological Sciences at Nanyang Technological University, Singapore, was established in 2013. Within the programme PhD students have the opportunity to spend at least one year at both universities. Information regarding the programme and application can be found here.
"Distinguished Research Fellows for Chemical Biology"
A strong collaboration between leading experts in the field of Chemical Biology and the Konstanz Research School Chemical Biology has been established by their appointment as „Distinguished Research Fellow for Chemical Biology" at the University of Konstanz:
- Prof. Craig Crews (Yale University) was appointed in 2010 and, since then, serves as a principal investigator of KoRS-CB.
- Prof. Vinod Subramaniam (University of Twente) took up the post in October 2011. His tenure will last at least until 2017.